Finally finished this bad boy after 30 days of compiling!
1. Your Favourite Song
My favourite song, of all time, is Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. It’s haunting and poignant, despite almost 4 decades passing since it was written.
2. Your Least Favourite Song
Fireflies by Owl City. I HATE that song like no other.
3. A Song That Makes You Happy
Place Your Hands by Reef, it always puts me in a good mood.
4. A Song That Makes You Sad
Dance the Night Away by the Mavericks. It was one of my late grandmother’s favourites and whenever it came on the TV she would turn up the volume to sing along. Its bittersweet.
5. A Song That Reminds You Of Someone
Aliens Exist by Blink 182. My high school best friend and I sang this endlessly throughout our teen years. I am aware we were hideously lame.
6. A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere
A song that reminds me of my Florida holiday of 2006 is Drift Away by Uncle Kracker. It was on every radio station and in every shop we went into. It takes me back to fun family times.
7. A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event
Back in 2008, the boyfriend took me to a concert where I got sucked into a pit and nearly trampled while Imperium by Machine Head was playing. I was saved by a sweet, bearded metalhead. #stillgrateful
8. A Song That You Know All The Words To
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Pretty proud of that one haha. I’ve been cracking that song out since I was 5 years old.
9. A Song That You Can Dance To
You’re joking right? Lol. I am a terrible dancer. I have not a drop of coordination. The last one I took the time to learn was Say You’ll Be Mine by Steps. Yes, STEPS! And I couldn’t master it either.
10. A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep
I can’t bear to listen to music when I’m tired, it’s a distraction and will keep me up. The closest song to this would be one that bores me to sleepiness; Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.
11. A Song From Your Favourite Band
Its been a long time since I played favourites, but the band I listen to the most would have to be The Beatles so I choose Dig a Pony.
12. A Song From a Band You Hate
I fucking despise Knights of Cydonia by Muse. Back when I was a young teen, they were interesting and just alternative enough that I might not have to hide the CDs from my mum. But then something changed and I grew to loathe them.
13. A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure
Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. I don’t even care.
14. A Song That No One Would Expect You To Love
From my other music taste, everyone is always surprised when I say I love anything Motown/Stax related so I’ll go with Baby I Need Your Lovin’ by The Four Tops.
15. A Song That Describes You
Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night by Bon Jovi. It’s all about finding yourself and knowing things will get better. As pretentious as that might sound, its the first song I’ve ever heard that made me say “Me”.
16. A Song That You Used to Love But Now You Hate
This was entirely my own fault, I over played it to death when it first came out. There Is by Boxcar Racer. I remember thinking it was so deep and profound. It isn’t.
17. A Song That You Hear Often On the Radio
I don’t listen to the radio and I haven’t done in many, many years. So unfortunately, I can’t do this question!
18. A Song That You Wish You Hear On the Radio
20. A Song You Listen to When You’re Angry
It’s not necessarily a great song but Not Meant For Me by Wayne Static .
21. A Song You Listen to When You’re Happy
Bigger Than My Body by that sleazebag John Mayer.
22. A Song You Listen to When You’re Sad
Always, Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush. I don’t know why but it helps, only that it does.
23. A Song You Want to Play at Your Wedding
It’s always been Wild Horses, The Sundays cover, not the Rolling Stones. If its good enough for Buffy and Angel at prom, its good enough for me.
24. A Song You Want to Play at Your Funeral
Morbid much? It might seem a little bit of an odd choice but Light & Day by The Polyphonic Spree. Just follow the seasons and find the time to reach for the bright side.
25. A Song That Makes You Laugh
Its more remembering the video that makes me laugh. Original Prankster by The Offspring.
26. A Song That You Can Play On An Instrument
Does Rockband count? If so, I mastered the fuck out of Here It Goes by OK GO on the drums.
27. A Song That You Wish You Could Play
You don’t know how much I wish I could smash out Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden. You don’t. Even. Know.
28. A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty
What an odd question. I don’t listen to music so I can feel like a shitty person.
29. A Song From Your Childhood
Funnily enough, I was going through CDs a few days ago and came across part of my old Boyzone collection. My mum and I used to sing along in a rubbish Irish accent. Love Me For a Reason (Raisin) from 1994. I am old. If you haven’t seen it, watch the video in the link. It’s hilariously bad.
30. Your Favourite Song This Time Last Year
Bearing in mind I can hardly remember what happened last week, this probably won’t be accurate. I was listening to David Bowie a lot, so it was perhaps Ashes to Ashes.